Re: [exim] case lost in local part of address

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users
CC: Ruslan Abdulkhalikov
Subject: Re: [exim] case lost in local part of address
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, I wrote:

> I will have to do some tests to check this out. If there is a bug, I
> will fix it for the next major release (4.50). I will also make sure
> that the documentaion is updated to be more clear about this.

I cannot reproduce your problem on the current snapshot release. The
test suite already included caseful_local_part testing to an appendfile
transport. I added a test to the pipe transport, almost identical to
your example, and $local_part came through in upper case.

There is nothing in the ChangeLog after 4.34 that seems to relate to
this, but of course something might have changed.

I suggest you run your failing example with the -d debug option, to see
if that gives you any further information. The debug output (on stderr)
should show exactly what command is being used for the pipe.

If that shows up a bug, please send me the debug output so that I can
try to figure out what is different between your case and my test.