Re: [exim] Exim 4.44 Release Candidate

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Dennis Davis, exim-users
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.44 Release Candidate
Dennis Davis <D.H.Davis@???> wrote:
> One possibility is to regard the snapshots as "Release Candidates".
> So the first snapshot for the 4.50 release would identify itself as
> 4.50RC1, the second would identify itself as 4.50RC2 etc, culminating
> in the 4.50 release which would identify itself as 4.50 as normal.

How about following the linux kernel's version numbering system? Allows
you to maintain parallel branches, forks like -ac, -mm, -ck etc on a
fairly consistent basis - and allows patches to be distributed instead
of full tarballs (something that's a useful thing when downloading small
upgrades over a dead slow dialup - like if I'm traveling with a linux
laptop and a gprs phone) :)

    srs