RE: [exim] Postfix vs Exim

Author: Mark Lowes
To: Edgar Lovecraft
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Subject: RE: [exim] Postfix vs Exim
On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 22:23 -0600, Edgar Lovecraft wrote:
> However, not that I used Postfix, so no comment there, but this is
> mainly for the original poster, I like Exim for the very reason that

I've now been down both the postfix and exim routes, and am currently in
the process of migrating (as part of a complete overhaul of the mail
system) back to exim as I found postfix too limiting in some of the
things I needed to do.

While the configuration for exim may be more complex once you start
doing something which is other than the basic "virtual domains and
relaying" setup it has the power to handle those without imposing too
many "no you can't do that because it's not possible" limits or "I don't
think an MTA should so that so it's not going in".

Oh and the documentation for exim absolutely rocks :)

    Mark

--
Mark Lowes <hamster@???>