RE: [exim] Postfix vs Exim

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
Subject: RE: [exim] Postfix vs Exim
Greg A. Woods wrote:

..[snip]...

> I would have to say the more recent versions of exim have a _MUCH_ more
> complex and "tricky" configuration scheme than Postfix does, especially
> if one heads down the road of defining ACLs and any other non-default
> mechanisms. I've seen lots of Exim complex configuration expressions
> posted here that would make any Sendmail hacker smile knowingly. ;-)

True that is!
..I used to be a Sendmail hacker too :P

However, not that I used Postfix, so no comment there, but this is
mainly for the original poster, I like Exim for the very reason that
I can configure it so minimalisticly (if that is a word) or so
complex, that I can make it do anything and everything I want it to.
Most of the configuration's that get tossed around on this list anymore
tend to be very complex, and difficult to understand for those not
familiar with ALL of the configuration directives, etc. However, the
very simplistic Exim installs can be, and should still be around.

In fact, just for thoe who have forgotten, Exim still supports purely
text file based configurations, just like Sendmail and Postfix do ;)

Last note, I never found Exim difficult to configure or use, but like
any system or program, Exim does take some time to understand the more
complex modes of operation.

--

--EAL--