[exim] Database logging of failures

Author: Jerry Nicholls
Subject: [exim] Database logging of failures
All,

I'm in the process of cooking up a plan that involves the logging (in a
database) remote addresses that failed to accept a bounce message. What
I'm after is a way that the router/transport that attempted to send the
bounce message can update a database. Firstly, is this possible, and
secondly, has anyone else done this before ?

I can see simple ways to update the database when a bounce message is
sent, eg a 'condition = ' that updates the db and always returns true,
but nothing comes to mind to say that this router/transport was
rejected.

Any advice ?
Thank,
Jerry.