[exim] Re: Preferred virtual domain handling

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Re: Preferred virtual domain handling
Mike Oliveri <moliveri@???> wrote:
> I was just wondering what most of you preferred for handling
> multiple virtual domains in Exim. I've got a basic setup right now
> with some simple forwarding using a simple lsearch and some config
> files, but we're looking at migrating another server from Windows to
> FreeBSD and many of that system's domains are stored on that
> machine, not forwarded.

[...]

Hello,
I guess the usual way to do this if there are many domains/accounts
is LDAP or *SQL, but if the setup is not too big and you like
plaintext (or bsd/cdb) combining dsearch with lsearch makes for nice
readable configs, using constructs like
domainlist local_domains = @:dsearch; /etc/exim4/vdom
and
vdom_aliases:
  driver = redirect
  domains = dsearch; /etc/exim4/vdo
  data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*{/etc/exim4/vdom/$domain/aliases}}
[...]
             cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"