RE: [exim] Postfix vs Exim

Autor: Dickenson, Steven
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Postfix vs Exim
David R. Patterson wrote:
> Ive used exim for a couple of year, but this new guy
> has used postfix for about 5 yrs. He says it is way
> easier to configure....etc.etc.
>
> Not knowing postfix at all, I thought Id ask
> if anyone knows any advantages or disadvantages
> of postfix over exim or vice versa.

Well, not to be an ass or anything, but if you know nothing of Postfix
at all, but are familiar with Exim, how is Postfix easier for _you_?
Unless Postfix provides a feature or fits a need that Exim doesn't, I
can't see how switching makes any sense. Personally, Sendmail style
configurations give me a headache, and Postfix is a little too much like
Sendmail for my tastes.

Anywho, a quick Google for "Postfix vs. exim" turns up a number of
relevant hits, and a few of them are actually rational, sound
conversations.

Steven
---
Steven Dickenson <sdickenson@???>