RE: [exim] Strange problem with Exim & request verify

Autor: Fred Viles
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Strange problem with Exim & request verify
On 7 Jan 2005 at 13:37, Bradley Walker wrote about
    "RE: [exim] Strange problem with Exi":

| Actually the list@???

Don't care about that one.

| and username@??? are replacing
| the legitimate addresses to keep prying eyes in this group from spamming
| those.

Um, you do realize that your address appears in the From: and

| Check a private email I sent you for the legit addresses that those
| are replacing.

OK, I should have guessed it was your posting address. A session run
to sitemail.everyone.net with MAIL FROM: <> and RCPT TO:
<bawalker@???> is accepted, so even with callbacks sender
verification would work for that address.

A session run to your server with MAIL FROM: <fv@???> and
RCPT TO: <bawalker@???> gives the same empty 550 response as
before. Same with MAIL FROM: <>.

Sender verification would not be failing if your server knew nothing
special about modemnet.net and therefore used the public MX records
for verification. So it must be misconfigured. My GUESS is that it
has modemnet.net in local_domains, but it doesn't have a router
configured to accept mail for modemnet.net.

If you still can't spot it, RTFM for how to run a test session with
debugging enabled so you can see exactly what your server is doing.