RE: [exim] Strange problem with Exim & request verify

Autor: Fred Viles
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Strange problem with Exim & request verify
On 7 Jan 2005 at 12:08, Bradley Walker wrote about
    "RE: [exim] Strange problem with Exi":

| The modemnet.net domain also is located

What does "domain is located" mean? Are you talking about a web
server? Or does your mail server treat modemnet.net as a local
domain? If the latter, MX records pointing to sitemail.everyone.net
would not likely matter for verification purposes.

| there on the same physical server as
| savelostriver.org(my business name), but several years ago before having
| Exim, I had my DNS/MX records for mail.modemnet.net point to
| sitemail.everyone.net because they were outsourcing my mail for free (with
| advertisements).

OK, and you can ignore what I said about sitemail.everyone.net not
accepting connections on port 25. Brain fart, I forgot that my ISP
blocks outbound port 25 traffic.

| >> It's rejecting it for the reason it says. It can not verify that the
| sender address is legitimate. RTFM "verify=sender".
|
| I did temporarily comment that line out of the exim.conf file and things did
| work. But like many people said, that opens the door to spam, and I would
| rather close off spam than fix my problem that easy way.

So address the reason for the verification failure. Is the username
valid? I have been assuming that you've been munging the address in
your posts, but if you really are using <user@???>, that's
the answer.

BTW, I tried running a manual SMTP session to your server to see if
it thinks modemnet.net is local. I was expecting "RCPT TO:
<user@???> to be rejected either with a "no relaying" error
or a "no such user" error. What I got was a completely empty 550
response, which strikes me as a bad configuration.

- Fred