RE: [exim] Strange problem with Exim & request verify

Autor: Bradley Walker
A: 'Fred Viles', exim-users
CC:
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Strange problem with Exim & request verify
> What does "domain is located" mean? Are you talking about a web server?
Or does your mail server treat modemnet.net as
> a local domain? If the latter, MX records pointing to

sitemail.everyone.net would not likely matter for verification
> purposes.

Right now enom holds the actual domain name. Inside enom I have the dns to
point towards ns1.modemnet-dns.com. The main server I have is where the
modemnet.net name resolves too and where the actual website is located at.

> OK, and you can ignore what I said about sitemail.everyone.net not

accepting connections on port 25. Brain fart, I
> forgot that my ISP blocks outbound port 25 traffic.

I have those days everyday :)

> So address the reason for the verification failure. Is the username

valid? I have been assuming that you've been
> munging the address in your posts, but if you really are using

<user@???>, that's the answer.

Actually the list@??? and username@??? are replacing
the legitimate addresses to keep prying eyes in this group from spamming
those. Check a private email I sent you for the legit addresses that those
are replacing.

> BTW, I tried running a manual SMTP session to your server to see if it

thinks modemnet.net is local. I was expecting
> "RCPT TO: <user@???> to be rejected either with a "no relaying"

error or a "no such user" error. What I got
> was a completely empty 550 response, which strikes me as a bad

configuration.

Would this be due in part to the invalid usernames I'm using in order to
hide the real address?