Re: [exim] SPF Question

Autor: David Woodhouse
A: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SPF Question
On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 14:17 -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:
> OK - I had thought this little bit of restriction would work but if that
> doesn't work then SPF is basically useless then? I had thought it could
> at least get rid of SOME spam reliable for those who used -all but it
> appears that even that is not reliable.

No, it's not reliable. Yes it'll get rid of spam but it will _also_ get
rid of perfectly valid email too. It throws away the baby with the
bathwater.

> So - am I missing something here or is SPF broken and if so - why are we
> interested in it?

It's broken. We're not interested in it. Except perhaps to help educate
those who jump on the bandwagon without really thinking it through and
realising the fundamental brokenness of it. :)

--
dwmw2