Re: [exim] timeouts

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: exim-users, a.flavell
CC:
Assumpte: Re: [exim] timeouts
"Alan J. Flavell" <a.flavell@???> wrote:

> Curiously: if everyone practiced callouts, and everyone responded
> usefully to callouts, then the spammers would have to stop faking
> false addresses, and the cost of callouts would fall away.

Callouts are one of those practices that just don't scale all that well, and
work only when they're implemented on a small scale, and comparatively few
people use them.

We're taking a serious look at new proposals like BATV and CSV in the IETF MASS
subgroup - given that people like Dave Crocker and John Levine are behind them,
I have some hopes that these will help, in addition to scaling better than some
other proposals.

    srs