Re: [exim] How exim handles dynamically assigned addresses

Autor: Alan McConnell
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] How exim handles dynamically assigned addresses
I have received no answer to my query of a couple of days ago;
a friend has told me that my query was too long-winded<g>.

So I can restate it very easily. How can I configure exim
so that mail sent within my Linux box at home is sent
from "alan@alanmcc" and mail sent outside is sent from
"alan@???"? My machine is named alanmcc; I wish
however my E-mail to the outside world to come from
patriot.net, my ISP, so that I can pick it up with fetchmail.

TIA for any help!

Alan McConnell

--
Alan McConnell :  http://patriot.net/users/alan
    "We are easy to manage; a gregarious people, full of sentiment,