Re: [exim] mail function is not working from root

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] mail function is not working from root
(Please keep the discussion on-list, it allows others to jump in with help)

(Please don't top-post, it makes the discussion difficult to follow,
I've fixed the format of this thread)

> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 07:05:27 -0000, Peter Bowyer <peter@???> wrote:
> > Roberto Campos <racamposg@???> wrote:
> > > Hello folks,
> > > I'm doing this: "mail example@???", in order to send an
> > > email from root. But something really weird is happening. Everything
> > > seems to be working fine, but i never got the message.
> > > Please if you know something, please tell me....
> >
> > Please review the guidelines at
> > http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/MailingListEtiquette.
> >
> > Which part of 'everything' is working fine? Clearly not much if the email
> > isn't being delivered.
> >
> > What is the 'really weird' thing that's happening?
> >
> > There's no way to diagnose your problem without more information.
> >
> > Peter

> My mail server is working, if i send email through myself i can
> receive it, or gmail or hotmail, but trying to send to other mail
> servers (anyuser@??? ) is the problem.
> By the way, receiving mails works fine.

So you can send to gmail or hotmail, but not to 'other mail servers'
such as 'anydomain.com'? Not sure what you mean.

Please (for the second time) review the list posting guidelines at