Re: [exim] mail function is not working from root

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] mail function is not working from root
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:03:34 -0500, Roberto Campos <racamposg@???> wrote:

> Exim v4.43
> Red Hat Linux 9 i686
> and also i have cPANEL v9.9.8-R160
>
> Something is rejecting my emails while send it out to private emails
> (particular domains).

Which particular domains (please re-read the paragraph in the Wiki
which asks you not to obfuscate such details) ?

> Sending emails to *@gmail.com, *@hotmail.com, *@yahoo.com (public
> emails), they can receive those emails (sending and receiving)
> Sending emails to myself work fine. (sending and receiving)
> Sending emails to private emails (anyuser@???) (sending: i
> didn´t receive error message, but never arrive; receiving: i´m able
> to receive any emails.

I'm sure Exim doesn't know the difference between 'private' and
'public' addresses. There must be something specific about the
domain(s) you're trying to send to.

> Example: If i have another server with this host: roberto.com and one
> email account: roberto@???. If i try to send it to this email
> account, never arrive, but i dont receive error message.

What do you see in the Exim log?

roberto.com is a domain hosted at Yahoo. Why do you think you ought to
be able to receive mail at your server for that domain?

> I hope to be clear this time and follow the procedure fine. I already
> read the instructions, it was my first time here.

That's no problem, but please do make sure you give all relevant
information as we're unable to guess what the problem is.

Peter