Re: [exim] Wishlist: Make control=submission better configur…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Andreas Metzler
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Wishlist: Make control=submission better configurable (equivalent option for local_sender_retain, e.g.)
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> however in its current implementation I just cannot use
> control=submission as it does too many unconfigurable fixups. - On a
> quick browse the thing that really needs to be configurable is
> messing with Sender. (currently exim _always_ removes the Sender
> header for control=submission).

From the NewStuff for the next release:

 2. The "control=submission" facility has a new option /sender_retain. This
    has the effect of setting local_sender_retain true and local_from_check
    false for the incoming message in which it is encountered.

I'm expecting to release candidate code as a snapshot before the end of
the week (actually, I think that one is already in the current snapshot).