[exim] Wishlist: Make control=submission better configurable…

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Wishlist: Make control=submission better configurable (equivalent option for local_sender_retain, e.g.)
Hello,
I was considering using control=submission in the ACL to finally get
rid of

warn condition = ${if !def:h_Message-ID: {1}}
        hosts = +relay_from_hosts
        message = Message-ID: <E$message_id@$primary_hostname>

however in its current implementation I just cannot use
control=submission as it does too many unconfigurable fixups. - On a
quick browse the thing that really needs to be configurable is
messing with Sender. (currently exim _always_ removes the Sender
header for control=submission).

There might be other stuff I am missing.

<wishlist>
control=submission/no_sender_fixups

Disable all fixups concerning the Sender-header. Exim will keep an
existing Sender header unmodified and will not add a Sender header
even if SMTP auth is used and $authenticated_id@$qualify_domain is not
identical to the from-header.
</wishlist/>

If you think it to be better to make this separately configurable
(submission/retain_sender/no_add_sender) that is ok with me too.

          thanks, cu andreas

PS: I don't think it was a wrong decision for control=submission to
not evaluate local_sender_retain, not overloading this option for
SMTP is the right thng to do.
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"
                                           http://downhill.aus.cc/