[exim] exim does not detect invalid configfile on startup.

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
CC: Marc Sherman, 286721-forwarded
Assumpte: [exim] exim does not detect invalid configfile on startup.
Hello,
This is <http://bugs.debian.org/286721>
---------------------
On 2004-12-21 Marc Sherman <msherman@???> wrote:
> Package: exim4
> Version: 4.34-8
> Severity: normal

> exim 4.34 does not support submission mode (it was added in 4.40).
> However, adding "control=submission" to an ACL in the 4.34 config file
> does not cause an error at startup (or with exim -bV). The failure is
> only noticed when incoming mail hits the offending line in the ACL, and
> is deferred.

[...]

Indeed exim seems to not check the right hand-site of control=
statements for valid syntax on startup as it does for options et al.
               cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"
                                           http://downhill.aus.cc/