Re: [exim] Date Stamp Disappears

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Date Stamp Disappears
John W. Baxter wrote:

..[snip]...

> However, Outlook 2003 stopped sending Message-Id: headers, leaving it to
> the Exchange server MS assumes everyone runs. (Seemingly, the geniuses
> at MS who made the decision felt that the header as produced by Outlook
> was revealing internal network detail.) This is another reason to run
> control = submission in cases where it is appropriate.
>
> The lack of Message-Id: is not as visible as the lack of Date:
> Interestingly, Henry's server carefully installs a Message-Id: header
> (which appears to contain the date in seconds since epoch).

Another anoyance with Exchange which I have recently discovered is that
Exchange does not add a 'Recieved:' header, at least it does not for any
message that is sent to it through a non-SMTP transport, so if you send
a message from your Outlook client to the Exchange server bound for an
external domain, Exchange does not add the 'Recieved:' header, it acts
as though the Exchange server was the messages originating source.

I have not gone to see if this can be turned on/off but it is rather
anoying as the Exchange server IMO should always be adding a
'Recieved:' header to all messages.

--

--EAL--