Re: [exim] Date Stamp Disappears

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Date Stamp Disappears
On 20 Dec 2004, Marc Sherman wrote:

> Tim Jackson:
> > accept hosts = +relay_from_hosts
> >        control = submission

> Is that an important thing to do for the general case where a central
> exim server is accepting mail for a number of local clients?

Not unless your clients are sending out in a way that needs to be "fixed
up" - check the manual for the details of the fixes that are done.

> Or is this only important if you're using older/broken MUAs on your
> client machines?

Yes, this. In most cases, you're probably OK. Most mail from proper mail
clients is OK - in my experience, it's usually embedded (or similarly
dumb/basic) devices (or dumb software) sending notifications of some kind
that need to be fixed up.

Tim