Re: [exim] Re: How can I tell if my server is gettingbombard…

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [exim] Re: How can I tell if my server is getting bombarded with spam?
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: How can I tell if my server is gettingbombarded?with?spam?
On 2004-12-16 Tommy Butler <tommy@???> wrote:
> Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> What I want to say is: Remove the "*" from "domains for which you are
>> prepared to accept mail from anywhere on the Internet", run
>> update-exim4.conf to make this change effective, recheck in the
>> configuration file to verify that the "*" is not part of domainlist
>> relay_to_domains and then rerun the open-relay test.

> When I do this I can't send mail to anyone with an email address outside of
> @cityairlines.net, so of course the open-relay test passes as no relays are
> accepted.

Using the * is not the correct solution for this.

Please be more verbose on your problem. "I can't send mail"? From
which host - from the machine exim is actually running on? If yes what
does exim4 -bt exim-users@??? say? If no, read
<E1CetLj-000424-Q2@???>.
                cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.