[exim] Re: Exim-users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 33

Author: Nikademus
To: exim-users, Marc Perkel
CC:
Subject: [exim] Re: Exim-users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 33
From RFC2821:

To promote interoperability and consistent with long-standing guidance
about conservative use of the DNS in naming and applications (e.g., see
section 2.3.1 of the base DNS document, RFC1035std13 [22]), characters
outside the set of alphas, digits, and hyphen MUST NOT appear in domain
name labels for SMTP clients or servers. In particular, the underscore
character is not permitted. SMTP servers that receive a command in which
invalid character codes have been employed, and for which there are no
other reasons for rejection, MUST reject that command with a 501
response.

--
Nikademus
http://www.octools.com