Re: [exim] problem with greylisting and retries

Author: Andy Rabagliati
Subject: Re: [exim] problem with greylisting and retries
On Thu, 09 Dec 2004, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> [ On Thursday, December 9, 2004 at 18:58:47 (+0100), Daniel Tiefnig wrote: ]
> > Subject: [exim] problem with greylisting and retries
> >
> > Does nobody else think greylisting is
> > one of the stupidest things people invented since HTML e-mail?
>
> Well, maybe not that stupid, but it's definitely a dumb thing to do to
> yourself, err, your e-mail users....

I use greylisting, to great effect.

What is "dumb" about it ?

I find I do not even need spamassassin - greylisting catches most spam,
or delays it long enough for the IP to show up in blacklists.

I do not generate extra mails back to the sender - I just rely on the
sending MTA to retry 35 minutes or more later.

Cheers, Andy!