Re: [exim] looking for a tutorial or howto

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] looking for a tutorial or howto
On 12/9/2004 10:54, "Tommy Butler" <tommy@???> wrote:

> On another note, how do I provide for SPA, or secure password
> authentication? Really, what is this anyway?

It needs to be turned on in the Exim build, and then an SPA (aka NTLM)
authenticator needs to be added.

Note...so far, we have been unable to make SPA work from Microsoft Outlook
Express for Macintosh (any version...latest and last is 5.06). What seems
to happen is that Exim thinks the parties have agreed on Unicode for the
authentication data, and OE sends ASCII, and Exim discards alternate bytes.

We have a patch here developed by one of the staff, but I haven't had time
to try it. Now that I know that 4.5 is close at hand, I'll try to find
time.

--John