[exim] looking for a tutorial or howto

Author: Tommy Butler
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] looking for a tutorial or howto
Is there a good tutorial or howto for setting up exim to work with SSL
and/or TLS? I can't find one on google that really works well for exim4
and the exim4 docs aren't much help in this area for me. I'm pretty new
to email server administration, but not to linux. Therefore, what I'm
looking for would ideally be simple enough to understand (--is that
really too much to ask?)

I'm just looking to harden down the security of incoming and outgoing
mail. So far the incoming mail (using courier mta + SSL) seems to be
working ok with the exception that I can't get any SSL certificate
created that isn't for "localhost" dammit. I'm also looking for a
solution on that issue but elsewhere, though if anyone has any
suggestions I'd welcome them. So far I can only find help for
self-signed SSL certificate explanations that deal with Apache. I've
made a few following the instructions on various online tutorials but
with no success. The authentication fails when I try to retrieve mail.

On another note, how do I provide for SPA, or secure password
authentication? Really, what is this anyway?

--
Tommy Butler
tommy@??? <mailto:tommy@atrixnet.com>

/—instant messenger—/