[exim] $acl_verify_message

Author: Michael F. Sprague
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] $acl_verify_message
Hello folks,

I'm curious on what is supposed to be store in the $acl_verify_message
variable. If a sender verification fails in my ACL, I see a line like this in
the log which depicts what happened during the sender verifcation callout:

H=mx1.sendhost.com [YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY] sender verify fail for <testaddr@???>: response to "RCPT TO:<testaddr@???>" from spamfilter.orighost.com [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] was: 550 unrouteable address

Shortly thereafter we see a line like this in the log depicting the failure of
the ACL and the rejection:

H=mx1.sendhost.com [YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY] F=<testaddr@???> rejected RCPT <someaddr@???>: Sender verify failed

I would like to use a log_message line in the ACL to include the 550 text from
the first log line in the 2nd log line. For example:

log_message = SVFY ($acl_verify_message) SNDR=$sender_address RCPT=$local_part@$domain

However $acl_verify_message always seems to store "Sender verify failed". I
thought $acl_verify_message would contain more useful information. I mean,
I already know that the sender verification failed. :)

Am I trying to use $acl_verify_sender incorrectly? Is there any way to get
the info I'm looking for into the log_message?

Thanks,
mikeS

--
Michael Sprague  | mfs@???
Partner          | System and Network Engineering (SaNE), LLC