Re: [exim] Queue runner crashed with signal 11 - exim 4.43

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Queue runner crashed with signal 11 - exim 4.43
On 12/7/2004 15:02, "Alan J. Flavell" <a.flavell@???> wrote:

> I was considering putting a URL into a modest-length single-line
> reply, and preparing response pages on the web server for the more
> popular faults. I wonder whether that URL needs to be parameterised,
> so that the relevant values can be plugged-in to the resulting page?
> Possibly overkill...?

We use a few short replies with URLs. Examples from recent logs (I've added
the 550):

500 rejected see http://www.olympus.net/spamhaus/222.174.169.126

And

550 rejected see http://www.olympus.net/local/64.201.122.119

Both pages provide an explanation and a form to ask us for an exemption.
(We can exempt by IP address or by sender/recipient pairs.) The spamhaus
page builds a link to SpamHaus's site which asks about the IP, so that
appropriate people can try to deal with the SpamHaus listing.

Both pages seriously need rework...but they do often seem to get the job
done.

When we were using rbl-plus, we had a similar page for that operation.

--John