Re: [exim] Queue runner crashed with signal 11 - exim 4.43

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Queue runner crashed with signal 11 - exim 4.43
Alan J. Flavell wrote:

..[snip]...

> I was considering putting a URL into a modest-length single-line reply,
> and preparing response pages on the web server for the more popular
> faults. I wonder whether that URL needs to be parameterised, so that the
> relevant values can be plugged-in to the resulting page? Possibly
> overkill...?

That is what I do, hence why I went digging for a way to 'encode' the
url, as many client MUA's would cut the url link at in-opertune times
so what I do is define a macro that cathces all the information I want
such as connecting host IP, helo name, sender address, etc. then I use
the new (thanks Phillip for adding my patch into the standard
distribution) the str2b64 expansion to encode everything, add it to
an http://webserver.address/page.html?<b64_encoded_string> and send that
to the client.

Now, users being users, they still insist on a call or email to me (or
thier admin if it is an off site user) rather actually click on the link,
read the information, which I parse back into something readable for
them, and use the online help/contact information.

However, I do like it better as I can at least say, one, I try, and two
that it does save me some work when explaining such complicated things
as what proper DNS entries are ;)

..[snip]...

--

--EAL--