RE: [exim] MBX format - converting to it

Author: Clive McDowell
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] MBX format - converting to it

Marc,

you can use the UW mailutil tool that comes with the IMAP software.
Depending on the location of your home directories you need something like -

mailutil move /var/mail/jbloggs #driver.mbx/INBOX

You may need quotes round the target depending on the shell - can't quite
remember. If you're paranoid you can use 'copy' rather than 'move' but
you'll need to make sure exim is set up for mbx only delivery or you may end
up with two out of sync inboxes.

Note that this has to run as the user being converted or root. I converted
over 6000 using this in a number of batches.

Clive McDowell

Information Services
The Queen's University of Belfast