Re: [exim] Small modification for queue runners?

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Small modification for queue runners?
On 12/3/2004 9:26, "Tony Finch" <dot@???> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Philip Hazel wrote:
>>
>> In the second case, the queue runner will route the message, then
>> consult the hints, and only then discover that it isn't time yet.
>
> I wonder if it'd be worth statting the file and skipping it if the atime
> is too recent.

It would be necessary to know whether atime recording has been turned off
(the noatime option in mount (as seen in the old Linux release whose man
page I happened to read) and the moral equivalent in the fstab). Possibly
one knows that because the interval seems very large.

This "feels like" another great opportunity for per OS and per OS version
code to creep into Exim (and in the case of Linux, possibly
per-distribution).

---john