Re: [exim] SSL SMTP

Author: John W. Baxter
To: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [exim] SSL SMTP
On 12/3/2004 4:11, "Ron McKeating" <R.J.Mckeating@???> wrote:

> As you can see, using port 587 which does not support tls_on_connect and
> working quite happily. But as I said. clients which give the clients ms
> Office Outlook do not work on 587 but work on 465.
>
> It's a mad world

It is destined to get madder: sooner or later IPV6 will actually happen,
and all the non-interoperable implementation errors will start to matter.
It's already desirable in Mac OS X to turn off IPV6 support (it's just a
checkbox) unless it's actually needed (that Apple problem is said to be
fixed in the next update to Panther).

I fear IPV6 will actually happen before I retire.

--John