Re: [exim] Small modification for queue runners?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Small modification for queue runners?
On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 17:31 +0000, Peter Bowyer wrote:
> Tony Finch <dot@???> wrote:
> > I wonder if it'd be worth statting the file and skipping it if the
> > atime is too recent.
>
> But it wouldn't know what 'too recent' means without routing the message and
> applying the retry rules - unless you mean a global rule such as 'less than
> 5 minutes is always too soon'.

queue_only mode would be a rather major wrinkle in this.

As for portability and people turning off atime updates (yes, thats me),
at least that would mean that atime was set to an earlier timestamp than
it should be, so you would then fall through into current behaviour -
although it has cost you an extra stat() (unless theres an existing one
that can be used) for no benefit on those systems.

    Nigel.