Re: [exim] email notification

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] email notification
On 2 Dec 2004, Peter Bowyer wrote:

> I don't know how expensive it would seem to you, but for a few tens of
> GBP per month you could rent a small dedicated Linux server or a
> shared-but-partitioned user-mode Linux server from a hosting provider
> and run your mailhost there - could either POP/IMAP directly to it or
> have it deliver to yours over SMTP.

Less than that - www.bytemark.co.uk are "only" £15 (like you, I don't know
how expensive this is after currency conversion if you're based in ZA) for
a basic usermode server. Ideal for any home/small business Exim users who
are stuck with a DSL/dialup connection and having problems
receiving/sending mail for whatever reason (blacklisting, blocked ports
etc.) and don't/can't/won't use their upstream ISP.

Tim