Re: [exim] about Sender: and envelope reverse-path in today'…

Autor: Tony Finch
A: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] about Sender: and envelope reverse-path in today's systems
> > You should use your friendly configuration script to get a working
> > mail domain from the admin.
>
> It is likely amongst the user base of the majority of systems in use
> nowadays that the owner does not have his own working mail domain.

As Greg says, if the majority of the users have email addresses in the
same (external) domain you can configure the machine to act as a satellite
of that domain. You have to be sure that system email (from cron etc.)
either does not leave the machine or has its addresses rewritten to the
machine admin's external address (i.e. user@domain not root@domain). This
requires a little care but it isn't particularly difficult. We recommend
this kind of configuration for user's workstations in Cambridge, since
they are not allowed to send or receive email directly.

http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~fanf2/conf4.satellite

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
MALIN HEBRIDES: NORTHEAST 4 OR 5 INCREASING 6. RAIN LATER. GOOD BECOMING