Re: [exim] Replacing "localhost.localdomain" in Message-id

Author: Hans Baume
Subject: Re: [exim] Replacing "localhost.localdomain" in Message-id
On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 13:57 -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> You shouldn't be mucking with just part of the message-ID. You could
> easily cause duplicates and that could cause your user's mail to
> disappear (many sites use the message-ID as the key to prevent duplicate
> delivery).
>
> If you really want to hide internal hostnames in the messsage-ID header
> (why, I can't imagine), then you should delete the entire thing and have
> Exim create a new, unique, one from scratch.

Sorry, I might not have explained that cleaerly as that's actually what
I'm currently doing:

remote_smtp:
  driver = smtp
  headers_remove = Message-ID : User-Agent : X-Mailer \

I thought that perhaps hard setting my primary_hostname would force it
to something else too, but that doesn't look like it did.

Thanx for the reply!

/Hans