Re: [exim] Replacing "localhost.localdomain" in Message-id

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Hans Baume
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] Replacing "localhost.localdomain" in Message-id
On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 17:21 -0800, Hans Baume wrote:
> remote_smtp:
>   driver = smtp
>   headers_remove = Message-ID : User-Agent : X-Mailer \

That is really really sick. I'm glad to say some of my boxes will
reject messages coming in with no Message-Id. Do you scrub all your
Received lines as well. Probably best to delete the body as that might
have clues in it too.

> I thought that perhaps hard setting my primary_hostname would force it
> to something else too, but that doesn't look like it did.

Only if there is no message-id line when the message comes in and the
message is locally injected (ie command line) or control=submission is
set. Exim does not replace an existing message ID.

    Nigel.