Re: [exim] acl_smtp_data header_sender not using log_message

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] acl_smtp_data header_sender not using log_message
On 18 Nov 2004 at 14:57, Philip Hazel wrote about
    "Re: [exim] acl_smtp_data header_sen":

| On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Fred Viles wrote:

| Still not quite! When acl_m0 is not "verify_deferred", the first
| condition in the "deny" will fail and so the whole ACL statement will
| end, with control passing to the next statement. You need multiple
| "deny"s to implement "or" conditions:

Doh! Of course.

| Oh! The same story applies to the "warn" as well. If the first verify
| fails, the warn finishes...  You are going to need something like
|
|   warn set acl_m0 = failed or deferred
|        verify = header_sender
|        set acl_m0 = succeeded
|
|   warn condition = ${if !eq{$acl_m0}{succeeded}{yes}{no}}
|        set acl_m0 = deferred
|        !verify = header_sender
|        set acl_m0 = failed

Final tweak (?), for readability:

  warn set acl_m0 = verify_deferred
        verify = header_sender
    set acl_m0 = verify_suceeded

  warn !verify = header_sender
    set acl_m0 = verify_failed

There, I think between us we have now reinvented the incantation
posted in a previous thread related to (IIRC) detecting dnslookup
deferrals... ;)

- Fred