Re: [exim] SASL and LookOut

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] SASL and LookOut
On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 01:06:59AM +0800, Jack wrote:
> Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
>> That's not the problem. The API that the cyrus_sasl driver uses is the
>> only one that you can use, that is to say that cyrus provides all of the

>> prompts and responses as necessary.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> This is why you would do better to implement a LOGIN sasl driver which
>> provides the correct prompts, has the right names etc. compile this and
>> put it in the right directory (/usr/lib/sasl2 for me). This could probably
>> be done by patching the driver for PLAIN.

                          ^^ Cyrus-SASL

> So I can use Exim/src/auths/cyrus_sasl.c/h APIs and integrate with the
> plaintext.c/h files to form 2 new files cyrus-plain.*

Good luck. You won't be able to do it.

> Currently the directory only have cyrus_sasl.c/h and plaintext.c/h.

They're completely different *EXIM* drivers. The bit that you need to add
is a *CYRUS* driver.

As I say, good luck with it. I don't envy you.

The other way you could do it is to hack the prompts and responses and
feed them into cyrus's PLAIN driver, but this would also be pain.

Cheers

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick          <mbm@???>           http://colondot.net/