Re: [exim] unrouteable address from alias on internal host

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Rob
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] unrouteable address from alias on internal host
<snip>

>>It is not mail originating from inside that is a problem. It is mail
>>from outside that passes through and then gets forwarded back out from
>>aliases that is becoming unrouteable.
>

> Unless I've understood you wrongly, the forwarding happens on the internal
> host and is being rejected on the smarthost? If so, please see my advice
> above - you want to see why the smarthost is rejecting a mail from the
> internal host.

Yes, that is correct. "Normal" mail from the internal host to anywhere
works fine. Mail that originates from the internal host to one of the
aliases works fine. "Normal" mail that originates externally passes
though the smarthost to the internal host works fine. But mail that
originates externally passed through the smarthost to the internal host
for one of the aliases is where the problem lies. The aliases are to an
external domain, and the the sender is from an external domain. I just
want you to be clear on this.

I tried the exim4 -bh and the test seems to be accepted.

I think the issue might be the external sender domain is not being
allowed to send the message to the external forwarded address, I dont
know if this is properly simulated in that test.