Re: [exim] SASL and LookOut

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] SASL and LookOut
On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 10:04:03PM +0800, Jack wrote:
> Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
> >I wrote the driver for a pretty much homogeneous standards-compliant
> >environment. The problem here is that SASL does not do a LOGIN
> >authenticator
> >(which is not a SASL-standard authenticator) which would be needed by exim.
> I think this plantext LOGIN should be added in the CyrusSASL code in
> Exim with a special support of smtp auth from Outlook.

This isn't possible.

> Is there any guideline I can follow so that I can implement a patch for
> it? I believe it is not difficult to implement, just a matter of

Then you haven't looked at what's involved.

> choosing the right _API_ and knowing the format/syntax of the
> authentication that delivered by Outlook.

That's not the problem. The API that the cyrus_sasl driver uses is the
only one that you can use, that is to say that cyrus provides all of the
prompts and responses as necessary.

This is why you would do better to implement a LOGIN sasl driver which provides
the correct prompts, has the right names etc. compile this and put it in the
right directory (/usr/lib/sasl2 for me). This could probably be done by
patching the driver for PLAIN.

> >MBM (glad that he doesn't have to support Outlook)
> It's sad that people here is not aware the problem from M$. But that
> doesn't meant they should take the entire risk of open their email
> server for public relay.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what the two halves of this sentence have
to do with each other.

One the one hand, I don't use Outlook, and the company where I work (for
whom I wrote this driver) has a policy of disallowing Outlook on our
internal networks. This does *NOT* mean that I run a publically-open relay.

Cheers

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick          <mbm@???>           http://colondot.net/