Re: [exim] SASL and LookOut

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jack
Asunto: Re: [exim] SASL and LookOut
Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:

>I wrote the driver for a pretty much homogeneous standards-compliant
>environment. The problem here is that SASL does not do a LOGIN authenticator
>(which is not a SASL-standard authenticator) which would be needed by exim.

I think this plantext LOGIN should be added in the CyrusSASL code in
Exim with a special support of smtp auth from Outlook.
Is there any guideline I can follow so that I can implement a patch for
it? I believe it is not difficult to implement, just a matter of
choosing the right _API_ and knowing the format/syntax of the
authentication that delivered by Outlook.

>MBM (glad that he doesn't have to support Outlook)

It's sad that people here is not aware the problem from M$. But that
doesn't meant they should take the entire risk of open their email
server for public relay.