Re: [exim] block by sender hostname

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [exim] block by sender hostname
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Jeff Lasman wrote:

> I've been trying to block by sender hostname with no result <frown>.

Then run exim -bh <ip number in question> , and take it manually
through a test transaction and see what happens.

> I also want to block by IP#, using something similar. Can I do that as
> well?

Absolutely. In fact it's safer in some senses, since it doesn't rely
on a DNS lookup. Haven't you taken a look at the recipes in the FAQ?

> I'm using Exim 4.24 but I'm ready to upgrade if it makes a difference.

Works just fine and dandy in 4.14, I assure you.