[exim] block by sender hostname

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] block by sender hostname
I've been trying to block by sender hostname with no result <frown>.

I've tried:

 deny message = deny message here
       hosts = +bad_sender_hosts

where bad_sender_hosts is definied thusly:

hostlist bad_sender_hosts = lsearch;/etc/bad_sender_hosts

and where the list content is something like this:

adsl-67-112-189-217.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net

But it isn't working; email sent directly from the IP# that reverses to
that name is still being delivered. So I'm doing something wrong. Can
someone point me to what I should be using?

I also want to block by IP#, using something similar. Can I do that as
well?

I'm using Exim 4.24 but I'm ready to upgrade if it makes a difference.

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation