Re: [exim] IRIX build: daemon.c won't compile

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Toralf Lund
CC: Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [exim] IRIX build: daemon.c won't compile
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Toralf Lund wrote:

> I'm now trying once more to build Exim 4.30 on our IRIX server (since the SGI
> "freeware volunteers" never seem to get around to releasing a new binary ;-/)

I used to compiled every release of Exim on IRIX, just to make sure.
Unfortunately, I no longer have access to an IRIX box (the particular
system was upgraded to a different OS). However, I think 4.30 is old
enough to have been tested that way.

> daemon.c:144: `socklen_t' undeclared (first use in this function)

1. Check to see if socklen_t is defined anywhere in /usr/include/*
(recursively). Some operating systems don't seem to have it. Older ones,
I guess. Is your IRIX old?

2. Exim actually uses a macro SOCKLEN_T, which defaults to socklen_t.
The following OS are currently expected not to have socklen_t:

OS/os.h-OSF1:#define SOCKLEN_T    size_t
OS/os.h-SCO:#define SOCKLEN_T       int
OS/os.h-SCO_SV:#define SOCKLEN_T       int
OS/os.h-Unixware7:#define SOCKLEN_T size_t

3. You can just define SOCKLEN_T in exim.h and see if that works, or add
it to OS/os.h-IRIX.

4. If you are using a modern IRIX, tell me, and I'll put it in the
standard file.