Re: [exim] exiscan + virus scan

Author: Sam Michaels
To: Daniel �
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exiscan + virus scan
You don't want to drop the connection...as somebody else on the list
said, you need to return a failure or else the sender's MTA will keep
retrying.

Exim conf:

--snip--
av_scanner = cmdline:\
/usr/local/uvscan/uvscan --noboot --unzip -r --mime --analyse %s:\
Found:the (.+) virus
--snip--

Data ACL:

--snip--
deny
     message = This message contains a virus ($malware_name)
     malware = *
--snip--

Result:

2004-10-21 08:13:52 1CKboi-0007FL-57 H=(hk.sina.com.hk) [202.85.139.162]
F=<> rejected after DATA: This message contains a virus (W32/Netsky.d@MM)

I incorporated a TON of other checks in a bunch of ACLs that was posted
to the list a few weeks back...very rarely does a virus even get to the
data ACL because it violates some other policy and gets rejected
beforehand. Saves me the overhead of SpamAssassin, demime and virus
scanning.

Sam