Re: [exim] exiscan + virus scan

Author: Daniel Chénard
To: peter
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] exiscan + virus scan
Hi Peter!

Le ven 22/10/2004 à 11:12, Peter Bowyer a écrit :
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:06:22 -0400, Daniel Chénard
> <dchenard@???> wrote:
> > Hi, I'm realy new with exim. I'm sorry to say that but i like better
> > sendmail than exim. Maybe it's because I dont know very well exim.
> >
> > I must supervise some server with exim and I look than an email with a
> > virus fall back to the sender ( often it's a wrong sender...).
> >
> > my ACL is
> >
> > drop  message = This message contains malware ($malware_name)
> >        log_message   = MALWARE: $malware_name
> >        malware = *
> >        demime = *

> deny would be better - the sending server will see an SMTP 5-series
> error and deal with it appropriately. A drop may cause a real server
> to retry.
>
> > I have try to set it to deny but I have the same problem.
>
> What problem? I don't think you've told us what the problem is :-)

I've write :" ... and I look than an email with a virus fall back to the
sender ( often it's a wrong sender...) " ;p

I add to this then the mail contain always the virus!!

> You don't mention which virus scanner you're using - I assume you've
> installed and tested clamav, sophie or equivalent, and configured
> Exiscan to call it?

I've try clamav and uvscan (mcafee)
with clamav, I use unix socket
av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamav/clamd.sock

and with uvscan i use command line
av_scanner = cmdline:/usr/local/uvscan/uvscan --secure -rv --clean
--summary --noboot --allole --analyse --mime --program --maxfilesize 3
--unzip %s:Found:(Found.*)

--
Daniel Chénard
SysAdmin Unix