Re: [exim] local user can't receive email - added definition…

Autor: Dick Davies
A: sam
CC: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] local user can't receive email - added definition in Transport
* sam <sam.wun@???> [1057 15:57]:

> >I haven't checked that - I use the lmtpunix local socket like this:
> >
> >local_delivery_lmtp:
> > driver = lmtp
> > batch_max = 20
> > socket = /var/imap/socket/lmtp
> > timeout = 45s
> >
> >which works a treat.
> >

> Thanks, but I got error "Permission denied" on the socket:

stick a :

user = cyrus
group = cyrus

at the bottom of the transport.

> # ls -l
> total 4
> drwxr-xr-x  2 cyrus  cyrus  512 Oct 12 16:14 ./
> drwxr-x---  5 cyrus  cyrus  512 Oct 12 10:43 ../
> srwxrwxrwx  1 cyrus  cyrus    0 Oct 12 16:14 lmtp=

> What should be the permission of lmtp and its directories?

Is'nt that world readable/writable? Maybe I've been sniffing marker pens again.

--
With that big new contract, I've been able to make those government mandated
upgrades you've all been suing me about. - Prof. Farnsworth