Re: [exim] local user can't receive email - added definition…

Autor: sam
A: Dick Davies
CC: Exim Users
Assumptes nous: Re: [exim] local user can't receive email - SOLVED
Assumpte: Re: [exim] local user can't receive email - added definition in Transport
Dick Davies wrote:

>* sam <sam.wun@???> [1039 14:39]:
>

>>>localuser:
>>>driver = accept
>>>transport = local_delivery_lmtp
>>>

>That looks ok.
>

>>>Is there anything look weird or need to be modified?
>>>
>>>Thank you for the replies.
>>>Sam.
>>>

>>Hi,
>>I forgot include the change in Transport:
>>local_delivery_lmtp:
>> driver = smtp
>> protocol = lmtpunix
>> hosts_override
>> hosts = localhost
>> allow_localhost
>> return_path_add
>>

>This is talking to lmtpd on the localhost, is that right?
>Try :
>
>local_delivery_lmtp:
> driver = smtp
> protocol = lmtp
> hosts_override
> hosts = localhost
> allow_localhost
> return_path_add
>
>(note the protocol change). Obviously cyrus needs to be listening on the local
>lmtp port for this to get anywhere.
>
>I haven't checked that - I use the lmtpunix local socket like this:
>
>local_delivery_lmtp:
> driver = lmtp
> batch_max = 20
> socket = /var/imap/socket/lmtp
> timeout = 45s
>
>which works a treat.

Thanks, but I got error "Permission denied" on the socket:
# ls -l
total 4
drwxr-xr-x  2 cyrus  cyrus  512 Oct 12 16:14 ./
drwxr-x---  5 cyrus  cyrus  512 Oct 12 10:43 ../
srwxrwxrwx  1 cyrus  cyrus    0 Oct 12 16:14 lmtp=

What should be the permission of lmtp and its directories?

Thanks
sam