Re: [exim] HELO and underscores - yet again - and an odd req…

Autor: Richard.Hall
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] HELO and underscores - yet again - and an odd request
Earlier today, Richard.Hall (ooh, that's me!) wrote:

> As seems to happen every time, I now being told by the other end in my
> latest dispute that "you are the only people we have this problem with",
> and I need a way to convince them that we are not the only ones (though we
> may well be the only ones they _currently_ have a problem with)
>
> To that end, I'm making a somewhat odd request. Is there anyone out there
> who
>
> a) has the same basic policy - ie reject underscore in HELO
> b) is prepared to have mail sent to them from this third party (and reject
>    it, obviously)

> so that I can convince them that the problem is more widespread than they
> think?

I'd just like to say that the response has been fantastic! (Though it
worries me that none of you have anything better to do on a Saturday :)

Murphy's Law dictates that the third party has chosen this moment to go
swanning off to a conference for a week, so there won't be any early
action on this (unless I try out some of those volunteered addresses for
myself). But in the meantime, since there are too many of you to thank you
all individually, can I just say a big Thanks to you all for your
cooperation. Magic!

Richard