Re: [exim] expansion operator address: case-sensitive?

Autor: Reinhard Haller
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] expansion operator address: case-sensitive?
>>> "Edgar Lovecraft" <exim-list@???> 09.10.2004 19:14 >>>
>Reinhard Haller wrote:
>>
>> message:
>> Warning: sender mscheld@??? does'nt match reply Mirco Scheld
>> <mscheld@???>
>>
>> configure:
>>   warn condition      = ${if eq{$acl_m9}{1}{yes}{no}}
>>        condition      = ${if
>> eq{$sender_address}{${address:$reply_address}}{no}{yes}}

>Just use the "eqi" rather "eq"....
>
>${if eqi{$sender_address}{${address:$reply_address}}{no}{yes}}

Thanks for a possible solution, but this was not my problem.

Given the mail address:

Reinhard.Haller@???

I've seen the following expansions in the ACL:

$local_part = reinhard.haller
$domain = interactive-net.de

$sender_address_local_part = Reinhard.Haller
$sender_address_domain = Interactive-Net.de

${local_part:$reply_address} = Reinhard.Haller
${domain:$reply_address} = Interactive-Net.de

From the debugging output (exim -d+acl) it seems that

recipients = Reinhard.Haller@???
local_parts = Reinhard.Haller

don't compare against $local_part@$domain.

RFC 2821 (2.4) states:

Verbs and argument values (e.g., "TO:" or "to:" in the RCPT command
and extension name keywords) are not case sensitive, with the sole
exception in this specification of a mailbox local-part (SMTP
Extensions may explicitly specify case-sensitive elements). That is,
a command verb, an argument value other than a mailbox local-part,
and free form text MAY be encoded in upper case, lower case, or any
mixture of upper and lower case with no impact on its meaning.

Therefore my question:

Is the behavior of the expansion operators address/domain/local_part
feature or bug?

Reinhard